Friday, March 5, 2010

Gradifriday!

Gratitude, no matter what day, is so very important! I am thankful for so many things in my life. My God, my Savior, My Husband and Children, My family, My friends, My home, My... the list goes on. I am also grateful for the things one might not think of... running water, electricity, a comfortable bed, my body, and even my trials. I am grateful for trial because they make us stronger, wiser, and more compassionate. I am grateful that I have the ability to learn and grow through them!

Today was a great day for me. I played with my children. I folded laundry and even put it all away! I made cookies. I smiled. I kissed my husband (quite a few times**). I laughed (not necessarily in that order). I really enjoyed playing trucks with Nelson and Wally. Carrie had a friend over (my niece), and Nelson started playing with them and then came to play trucks with Wally and me. Wally mostly wanted to "taste" the trucks. Nelson mostly wanted to crash them into each other. It was such a boy moment, only destroyed by the pretty dress that Nelson was still wearing (his sister and cousin were playing dress up)!

I also want to add that the older girls got new shoes. They desperately needed them. I feel like my children are now a walking ad for Converse. I have to admit that I love them, I really would like a pair too! I think owning a pair of Converse is a right of passage. I had them, Deric had them, I know my father did too!... and now my children own them!


Nelson was there when I was taking pictures of the girls feet, he wanted his picture taken too... so here are his feet!


2 comments:

The Kelley Family said...

Love the shoes, and the toes!!

Ben & Rachel said...

Love the shoes!