Monday, August 30, 2010

Our Vacation while on Vacation (to Vermont)

While in NH we spent a lot of time with our friends the Kelley's. We even went on a trip to Vermont. Two adults and 10 kids... it was an adventure. The drive itself was an adventure!!

We arrived at a campground the first evening and started setting up. While we were putting up the tents a ranger stopped by and informed us that a major thunderstorm was projected to hit later that night. They were predicting high winds and hail. If we needed to we should seek shelter in the bathroom. I know that Liz and I went to bed a bit apprehensive. Amazingly the storm never hit us.... we were so grateful!



While setting up I realized that the tent we were borrowing had holes all through the rain fly. I was glad that we brought an extra tarp. This was our finished campsite. I have to say that I am proud of the job that we did!

Tents




Picnic area

The kids ready for breakfast the first morning.

Here are all of the kids working together to get some rope and a clip out of a tree (that had been left by someone else). They worked at it for quite a while until Jessica became a step stool.

We did a lot more in Vermont but I am going to post it in sections.... next up will be Shelburne Farm!

2 comments:

AB said...

You are a pioneer woman! I admire your willingness to do these kind of things. Camping with kids and without husband - not for the weary!

The Kelley Family said...

The post looks great! Looking back on the pics I smile... and then I remember the chaos! Ha! It was fun though!! Can't wait to see more pics! I will probably link up to your blog if that's okay?