Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Holiday Crafts

This holiday season I was very busy making homemade treats and gifts for my family and friends. In an earlier post I shared all of the yummy treats I made so I thought that I'd share a few of the hand made gifts that I have given as well. I spent all of December making crochet rag trivets to give to every female member of my family as well as a few friends. I made LOTS of them... do you think I even took one picture? Of course I didn't! (But most of you that read this probably received one and know what they look like!!)

The crocheting did in spire my husband to get me more supplies for Christmas. And since I have been trying all sorts of new things. This picture shows my first attempt at a wash cloth. It came out OK, I still have a lot to learn!

My mom sent me a bag like this at Christmas time. I have duplicated it a few times now as gifts for my nieces. It is super easy to make and lots of fun. My kids really enjoy helping too... drinking the Capri Sun!

Jessica also got crocheting material for Christmas and a round knitting loom. We have both been making these hats. They are really warm and easy to make. Quite a few people have received them as Birthday gifts.
Most recently we have been making hair bows. We made them at Sam's birthday party, I gave them to the girls for Valentines day, and I have been sending them as birthday gifts as well. This is a group that I just sent to yet another niece for her 3rd birthday. Next (today) I am making a red, white, and blue hair bow for Sarah for her patriotic performance she is doing this week.


1 comment:

Christie said...

Cute! Hannah loves her bag! Peter has been saving juice boxes in hopes that I will make one for him...and Brooke loves her hat! Thanks! I LOVE those clips you made. I am making hair stuff this week for the YW silent auction on Saturday and am totally going to use this some of your ideas!