Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

I made these really yummy whoopie pies the other day and thought I'd share. They were so good I made a second batch a couple days later (since I had pumpkin left over)! These also bring back fond memories for me. When I took swimming lessons as a child my grandmother used to take me. We would often stop on our way there, or home, to buy pumpkin whoopie pies. We LOVED them. I am glad I found this recipe that tastes just like the ones I remember as a child!


Yummy!!
Recipe:
Ingredients
(Cookies)
2 eggs
2 cups lt brwn sugar
1 cup veg oil
1 teasp vanilla
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
3 cups flour
1 tblsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
(Filling/Cream Cheese Frosting)
4 ozs cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teasp vanilla
4 to 5 cups confectioners' sugar
Heat oven to 350. Beat the eggs, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the pumpkin. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture a half cup at a time, blending each time until smooth.
Drop a heapin tablespooon of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet, slightly flatten each mound. Bake for 12 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
Meanwhile, make the frosting. Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Mix in the confectioners' sugar a half cup at a time, until the frosting is spreadable.
Assemble pies by sreading a generous amount of frosting on one cookie and topping with another. Makes aprox 15-18 pies. ENJOY!






2 comments:

Ben & Rachel said...

Looks really really good. Thanks for the recipe

The Kelley Family said...

Yummy, I can't wait to try this recipe! I have one from family fun from a few years ago that I really like. I love them with cream cheese filling!!!