Monday, February 25, 2013

Growth...

My children are growing up. They change gradually sometimes and other times it is right before my eyes. I love watching this growth and yet can't help but feel some sadness. My babies are growing up and there is nothing I can do to stop it (nor would I want to!). 

The growth of my children has also meant growth of their mother. They have changed me, made me better than I was. I am more patient, more understanding, more everything. I don't mean to say that  better means best, I sure have a LONG way go... and I will NEVER be perfect, just as long as I am better than I was when I first became a mom! 

 I feel bad sometimes for Jessica who had to break me in, to teach me how to be a Mom! I sure hope she gets extra blessings for putting up with training ME! All of my children really deserve gold medals for having to help in my training process! My growth as a mom has really taught me to relax more, appreciate the little things, and look my children in the eyes and SEE them as often as I can. 

My children have grown so much lately. Sam, Sarah, and Carrie all just had parent teacher conferences and their teachers all had wonderful things to say about them! I left the school so proud to be their mother!  Nelson is learning more and more this year as we prepare for Kindergarten in the fall. But the most growth lately has come from my other three... the youngest boys and my oldest child!

Roy of course is changing from a cute baby into a toddler before my eyes. He is walking, going up and down the stairs and climbing everything. He is so inquisitive, I love to watching him and see his little wheels turning as he decides what to get into next!!

Wally has been slightly more difficult than my other children. He is passionate, obstinate, and quick to anger. He pushes me to my limits very often. But he has a softer side, one of quick hugs laughs and and lots of jokes. This softer side has been present more and more and I am loving this change. He is so fun and he is always looking out for his little brother Roy. Just the other day he heard Roy crying and went and gathered books for him to make him happy. Not only did he get Roy to settle down, but he got him to start laughing!!

 




The other major change has come from Jessica. Last year she attended an activity for church where she has to stand up in front of a bunch of people. She was nervous and self conscious. I could tell it was hard for her but she did it any way and I was so proud of her. Last night she had another such opportunity. But this year as school she has been working on a play and doing a few other things that really put her just out side her comfort zone.The change was amazing. She looked at the crowd, was funny and entertaining, and did a wonderful job. I know it still wasn't easy for her but the growth was amazing. She was also recognized for completing a project for her personal progress (a program for young women at church) and earned a ribbon for knowledge. (I will  post more about her project later.) She is working hard, earning all A's, and trying new things... she is also babysitting for other people now too!  My little girl is growing up!
This years theme for the youth of our church is "Stand Ye in Holy Places"


Sorry for all of the words... my head and heart were full today!!

1 comment:

Stacy Casperson said...

Muriah, you are a fantatic mother and an inspiration for me :) Jessica is a sweet heart. She is thriving in Young Womens. She will go really far in life. Thanks for being such a great person :)