Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Footprints on my soul

Being a mom is perhaps the hardest thing I will ever do in my life. It is challenging in ways that we cannot know until we become a parent. But it is, on the flip side, the most rewarding thing that I will ever do. I strive to be the best Mother I can be, to make my children happy, healthy, and to help them create a bond in our family and with our Father in Heaven. It is exhausting most of the time and I feel I often fall short of my goals. But I keep trying and as I do the children reward me in little ways that make it all worth it! The other day Nelson, Wally and I went out to the back yard in the early morning. Dew made our feet wet and I noticed these footprints after we went back inside. I couldn't help but take a picture. Here we are at different stages, me leading them. But they are the ones leaving footprints on my soul! ... and I cherish them!


No comments: