Monday, November 14, 2011

Apples!

Hmmm... did I mention previously that I love Fall. The air, the smells, the TREATS! One of my favorite things about fall is the yummy food. I love apple or pumpkin anything! I absolutely adore apple cider. Since I left NH I haven't had any REAL cider until this season. (Well actually it is almost real, I can still only get the pasteurized version!!) So I have been enjoying it A LOT!


I have also been enjoying yummy treats like this one that Sammy made. Tonight was her dinner night and she wanted to make a desert too... apple pie was her request but we found these and decided to make them instead. These Apple Bundles were super easy and very yummy. This picture shows a double batch!
Recipe:

2 granny smith apples
1 11oz pkg of bread stick dough
1 orange
1 Tbs butter melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Peel, cut and slice the apples into fairly thin pieces. Lay out the dough and roll 3-4 slices of apple in the dough. Arrange apple bundles in a baking dish. Zest orange to measure 1 tsp and set it aside. Juice orange to 1/3 cup and pour into pan, but not over the bundles. Spread melted butter over bundles. Mix zest, cinnamon, and sugar then sprinkle over bundles. Bake for 25-30 minutes. ENJOY

We enjoyed ours with a bit of vanilla ice cream and a slice of orange...

This last picture has nothing to do with apples or fall but I figured that I had better put a picture of the kids in this post or I might hear complaining from the grandparents!! The kids are painting projects for the Reflections program... I will blog about that more later!


No comments: